The Komera Scholar Sponsorship Program is a direct, personal and participative approach to supporting girls’ education & empowerment in Rwanda.
When you sponsor a scholar, you are empowering a young woman
to break the cycle of poverty!!
100% of donations from scholar sponsorship go directly to tuition!
What SHE receives:
Mentorship, friendship and hope for the future because of her sponsor!!
- Full scholarship to a local boarding school
- School mentor throughout the year
- Transportation to and from school
- Health insurance for one year
What YOU receive:
- Life-changing cross-cultural connection with a young woman
- Meaningful relationship and direct, lasting impact
- One-on-one match with a Komera scholar for three years (Senior 4-6 school years)
- Biography & photos of your scholar to get to know her
- Updates at least 2 times/year about your scholar’s progress
- Opportunities to correspond with her by email, personal letters or Skype throughout the year
- Chance to meet your scholar in person by joining our annual trip to Rwanda!
As a scholar sponsor we ask that you make an annual commitment of $500. We kindly request that you intend to continue sponsorship over the course of 3 years to complete secondary school.
Komera is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.